Hazardous Area IECEX Icing Sugar Vacuum Conveying System
Filquip has specified, supplied and commissioned a Hazardous Area IECEX Icing Sugar Vacuum Conveying System (ExtD) to transport 6TPH of Icing sugar a distance of 35m between the milled icing sugar storage hopper and the icing sugar packing machine storage bin.
The following equipment package was supplied by Filquip:
- 30kW Vacuum Blower System with Acoustic Enclosure.
- Drop Through Rotary Valve (Model RVS20.20, SS304, 1.1kW IECEX Motor ExtD).
- Six Borosilicate Glass Long Radius Bends (101.6mm OD, 500mm radius).
- Rotary Valve to Tube Venturi Transition Chute.
- Hepa Filter Intake Filter Box.
- Receiver Silo Explosion Protection Panel (s).
This Icing Sugar Vacuum Conveying System has been designed and supply to match the new Bauermeister Icing Sugar Mill installed onsite and the bag packing machines with flexibility in the conveying rate to balance the system.
Given the hazardous area dust explosion risks associated with icing sugar. Filquip supplied this vacuum conveying system with IECEX Zone 21 ExtD Rated Instrumentation and ATEX rated mechanical equipment such as rotary valves and dust collectors which were specified with compliant Explosion Resistant Pred pressure specifications to match the sized explosion protection panels.