The experience of Filquip with PAC dosing systems allows us to design packages that minimise the common problems associated with PAC dosing including nuisance Dust Control and blockages.
Filquip was awarded the contract for the Design and Construction of the PAC Dosing System Powder Handling at the Mudgeeraba Water Treatment Plant.
The following equipment package was supplied, installed and commissioned:
- PAC Storage Silo (15m3 Capacity).
- Silo Dust Extraction unit – Ducted into the PAC Bulk Bag Unloader.
- PAC Bulk Bag Unloader with Dust Extraction to the Storage Silo.
- VE-At Horizontal and Vertical Screw Conveyor Combination (ES219 Models)
- Microbatch Volumetric Feeder (MBF073A Model with Turndown Range 0.0018 m3/min – 0.015 m3/min).
- Silo Pressure Relief Valve.
- Silo Overfill Protection System.
This PAC unloading, storage and metering system was designed to be a small footprint system resulting the use of the Horizontal & Vertical Screw Conveyor system to fill the Storage Silo from Bulk Bags of PAC while fitting into the existing WTP facility and mixing tank.
Filquip has specified, supplied and commissioned a PAC Handling System for Grahamstown WTP in New South Wales, Australia.
The following Filquip equipment package was provided for this PAC Dosing System:
- One (1) PAC Bulk Bag Unloader, Model SBB.125 in Painted Mild Steel Build .
- One (1) 3m3 Painted Mild Steel PAC Storage Hopper.
- One (1) Horiztonal to Vertical Screw Conveyor Setup, 200mm diameter, 1.5m and 5.5m long respectively.
- Two (2) MBF073N Microbatch Volumetric Screw Feeders with a 1.8 to 15 L/Min Volumetric Dosing Rate.
- One (1) FS2J13 Round Dust Extractor Unit
Filquip has specified and supplied a PAC Handling and Dosing System for the Adelaide Desalination Water Plant in South Australia, Australia.
The following Filquip equipment package was provided for this PAC Handling and Dosing System:
- Four (4) PAC Bulk Bag Unloader, Model SBB.125 in Galvanised Steel Build.
- Four (4) MBF073N Microbatch Volumetric Screw Feeders with a 1.8 to 15 L/Min Volumetric Dosing Rate.
- Four (4) TX100.2500 Screw Conveyors, 100mm diameter, 2.5m long in Stainless Steel 304.
- One (1) FS2J13 Round Dust Extractor Unit on Hopper with Bin and Seal Kit.
Filquip has designed and supplied a PAC Vacuum Loader and dosing system to convey bags of PAC into a storage hopper with a Volumetric Screw Feeder to dose the PAC into the plant wetting cone and eductor process. The system uses a suction wand which allows the staff to vacuum load the PAC without the risk physical injury through incorrect lifting techniques.
The following Filquip equipment package was provided for the PAC Vacuum Loader:
- Polished 304 Stainless Steel Construction for the FVC-1 Vacuum Loader
- 250L Stainless Steel 304 Storage Hopper with aeration and a high level probe
- Single Start Button for automatic operation.
- 700L/hr vacuum loader capacity
- MBF042 Microbatch Feeder for dosing the lime (MBF042A 0.3L/min – 1.3L/min)